Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Will's Birthday






Will is 6! Honestly, time goes so quickly. We went to The Golden Corral for his special dinner and he delighted in eating swirl ice cream with gummi bears on it for dessert! His dad seemed to think it would be a great idea to get him an air-soft rifle, so he and dad have had some fun doing that. He also likes the Bakugan cartoon, (which he gets to watch maybe once in a month), and has begun collecting the cards and the balls. He got some new balls for his birthday along with a guitar, some Mighty Beans and some cool new art supplies.

Will is tall for his age and we suspect he'll hit at least 6'2''. He loves to learn and has AMAZED me with how quickly he is learning to read. He's reading everything now and really surprises me. I'm quite a proud momma!☺ He is a careful and cautious kid and worries more than you'd guess. A few times now when our family has been out and Dad has gone in somewhere by himself, (to make the errand quicker), Will will start to get nervous and tell me he's really worried about Dad and wants to go check on him. This apple didn't fall far from the tree. I can remember being the same way and being sure my parents were dead if they weren't back by the time I thought they should be from wherever it was they were.

He has a hard time waking up for school, but for some reason can wake up even earlier on no-school days to play the Wii. I can already imagine the mornings when I will have to help him wake for early morning seminary.

When he sets his mind to something, he is a very task and goal-oriented boy. Each child in his Kindergarten class was asked to create a trap to try and catch the Leprechaun that "visits" school this time of year. That consumed Will's thoughts and talk until it was completed. Now, it's unlocking new races, bikes, and characters for the Mario-Kart game. I hope that drive will propel him to accomplishing great things as he grows.

It's strange to think of how this strong, smart little boy used to be such a small, helpless little peanut. I'm thankful to have him in our family. He teaches me as much as I teach him. I love him forever.

2 comments:

  1. I am seeing your blog for the first time today. What great pics of your lovely family!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete