Thursday, August 12, 2010

My Daughter- Nanny McPhee



Jeff has temporarily bestowed a new nickname upon our baby. NANNY MCPHEE!! How jealous are YOU? Poor girlie. It came about like this: Emily doesn't spend as much time outside as Will and Jessa do. She needs more supervision and as much as I'd like to throw responsibilities to the wind and spend all day long playing- that just can't happen. So. . . HOW she ends up with OVER 30 MOSQUITO BITES while the other kiddos sport, I dunno, maybe 2, baffles me! And THEN, she scratches and scratches and scratches them until she scratches her skin right off! Then they swell and get infected and she scratches until they bleed. Ugh! Whenever I catch her scratching and tell her to stop, she says, "I wub, mom. I wub." Telling me that she's NOT scratching, just rubbing. :) I've got my Mederma ready and waiting for any scarring-and I'm sure there'll be some. In the mean time, let's pray for a frost. That should help. I love you, dear little Nanny McPhee! (Yes, I know that's a mighty big bandaid on her face, but 1.) We weren't going anywhere public and 2.) It covered two bites that she couldn't leave alone in one lovely covering!)

No comments:

Post a Comment