Wednesday, November 23, 2011

D&C Lesson 10 Assignment

D&C Lesson 10 Student Choice Assignment
Amy Jensen

58:27- “Men should be anxiously engaged in a good cause” Zion will be found doing good works.
58:26- “For behold, it is not meet that I should command in all things.” Zion possesses initiative.
58:43- “By this ye may know if a man repenteth of his sins- behold, he will confess them and forsake them.” Zion is repentant.
58:21- “Let no man break the laws of the land, for he that keepeth the laws of God hath no need to break the laws of the land.” Zion is law abiding.
58:64- “For verily, the sound must go forth from this place into all the world, and unto the uttermost parts of the earth…” Zion is missionary minded.
59:4- “…that they are faithful and diligent before me.” Zion is faithful to the commandments of God.
59:7- “Thou shalt thank the Lord thy God in all things.” Zion is grateful.
59:10- “For behold this is a day appointed unto you to rest from your labors, and to pay thy devotions unto the Most High.” Zion observes the Lord’s appointed Sabbath day.
59:13-14- “…that thy fasting may be perfect…this is fasting and prayer…” Zion observes the practice of fasting.
58:20- “Let no man think he is a ruler; but let God rule him that judgeth.” Zion is humble.


Because I have been pregnant since the beginning of May, I have not been able to fast, but I still could and should be doing everything else that accompanies a true fast and honestly, I have slacked. I also feel I could be much more of a missionary. I let the fact that I am busy with children, home and school fake me out into a false thinking that I am already consumed and that there is no piece of me left to really focus my efforts on missionary work.

I know that the Lord has taught us via the scriptures that He can make weak things become strong unto us and I also know that the prayer is the vehicle to ask for such a blessing. So, praying and asking for help with these things is the way I can go in order to more fully embrace those gospel principles.

Spencer W. Kimball shared "In the earliest years of this dispensation the people faltered in attempting to live the full economic plan of Zion, the united order. Because of their transgressions, the Lord chastened them.”
"The length of time required 'to accomplish all things pertaining to Zion' is strictly up to us and how we live, for creating Zion 'commences in the heart of each person.' (Journal of Discourses, 9:283.)
“Zion is 'every man seeking the interest of his neighbor, and doing all things with an eye single to the glory of God.' (D&C 82:19.) As I understand these matters, Zion can be established only by those who are pure in heart, and who labor for Zion." (Spencer W. Kimball, "Becoming the Pure in Heart," Ensign, May 1978, 80–81)

It relates to the principles of Zion that I have discovered because it discusses the consequences of transgressing the Lord’s calls to His people. It also explains that Zion must first start in the hearts of the people which would include adhering to all of the principles I identified above.

No comments:

Post a Comment