I'll admit that the past few years as I watched my excess of tomatoes from our garden rot and go to waste, I felt guilty-HORrible, really. This year, I decided I had to get over my phobia of canning and not let it happen again. On the menu, salsa and stewed tomatoes. With my blessed mother-in-law as my life line, I did it! In between the salsa and the stewed maters, she also peeled probably 300 pounds of pears we got for free, so that I could can those, too. I'm not saying this just because I know she'll see it :), but she is an amazing lady. I feel very blessed to have her and Jeff's dad for in-laws.
I'm impressed with all that canning. Not easy with little ones underfoot either. To say you have great in-laws is an understatement. They're fantastic!!!
ReplyDeleteYou are the Canning Queen! Have to admit, I've given up on canning, done it too many times only to hate the mess, and the long hours spent in preppin the food, then the long hours putting it in jars, and the sore aches and pains in muscles you never knew you had at the end of it all! I marvel at your success!
ReplyDelete